Polk County, Missouri
Posted Queries for June thru August 1997
SURNAMES: A B C
D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
- BOONE posted by Donna Trewitt on
Saturday, June 7, 1997
- Seeking any information about BOONE family in Polk County in the mid to late 1800's.
- LEDFORD posted by Mary Ellen Ledford
on Sunday, June 15, 1997
- Who were parents/siblings of William LEDFORD born January 5, 1919, died Dec. 1976 Knsas
City, Mo. Clay Co.??? An relation to Samuel B LEDFORD b 1811/d 1865-70 Polk Co. Mo or
- BROWN, FRIEZE, MITCHELL, THOMPSON, WHEELER, WOOD, YOAST posted by Anne Renshaw on
Sunday, June 15, 1997
- I am searching for a few lines in Polk Co., MO. First, the YOAST family. George
Carmichael YOAST had 9 children with his wife Barbara Ann YOAST bet. 1838 and 1856 in Polk
Co., Missouri. I am looking for anyone related to them. I am also looking for THOMPSON'S
who lived in this county. Thomas Jefferson THOMPSON was married to Sarah Barthena WOOD and
had 5 children. Father Anderson THOMPSON and mother Matilda WHEELER. The last line with
Polk Co. connections is the MITCHELL family. Melbourn C. MITCHELL was the son of John C.
MITCHELL, a Polk Co. Baptist Elder. John was married to Harriet FRIEZE dau. of Jacob
FRIEZE. Melbourn was married to Mary Ann or Ann Elizabeth BROWN. She was born 27 Jun 1858
in Polk Co.. Her parents are Milton B. BROWN and Mary Francis YOAST. Thanks.
- MCGILL posted by Susan Bockoven
on Saturday, June 21, 1997
- Seeking information on the MCGILL FAMILY of Polk Co. MO. 1860 and 1880 census. Robert
McGill, Mary/Polly McGill, Jane McGill, E.N. McGill and any children of the above.
- THORNTON posted by Kenny Thornton
on Saturday, June 21, 1997
- Polk Co.1840 census page 190, shows John THORNTON head of house his wife and 1 male
child 15 to 20 years of age, 2 male chrildren 5 to 10 years, 1 male child 5 or under, 1
female child 5 to 10 years 1 female child 5 or under, 2 adults 30 to 40 1 male and 1
female. I am looking for any information you may have on this family names and dates on
any of them. I belive John died in December of 1840 and Joseph L. Thornton was born
January 11, 1841, could this be his missing family? Also need mothers name, wife of John.
Joseph lived in Polk and Cedar Counties all of his life, he passed away on September
4,1914 and is buried in Omer cemetery in Cedar Co. Would like to know burial place of John
and wife Thornton. Can't find family after 1840 census they seem to have disappered PLEASE
HELP IF YOU CAN. THANK YOU!
- BROWN, COOK, FENDER, HAMBELTON, HAMBLETON, STOKES posted by linda howell
on Thursday, June 26, 1997
- I am looking for any info on the HAMBELTON/HAMBLETON family. I know that they started in
Virginia>Tennessee>Missouri. My family started in Polk County, Greene County,
Missouri. My great grandfather was Elijah Green HAMBELTON married to a Nancy Marcella
Joann Ellen Harralson. My grandfather was known as Babe but his real name was Isaiah
Harralson HAMBELTON married to Ada Virginia COOK. I also have some STOKES,BROWN,FENDER,and
alot more names in my findings.
- THORNTON posted by Kenny Thornton
on Saturday, June 28, 1997
- Looking for information on John THORNTON Polk County MO 1840 census shows family of 8
with John as head of house. We belive that John passed away on 12-7-1840, can't find
family after that. Joseph L. Thornton was born on 1-11-1841. Could this be John's son?
Need any information on this family we can get, names of the other children his wife's
name, birth and death dates. We would also like to find out where these people are buried.
Joseph L. Thornton was born on 1-11- 1841 and he died on 9-4-1914, he is buried in Omer
cemetery in Cedar Co. MO. Any information you may have on this family would be greatly
- JENKENS, MARTIN posted by Robert E. Martin on Saturday, July 5, 1997
- William MARTIN and wife, Rebecca L. JENKENS, migrated to Polk Co., MO from Sevier Co.,
TN before 1860. They also lived in Webster Co. and Taney Co., MO before migrating to AR
& TX during 1870's. Their nineth child, James Caswell MARTIN was born at Bolivar in
Polk Co., MO in 1860. Their tenth child, Mary Elizabeth MARTIN was born @ Bolivar, MO in
- MARSH, SUMMERS, WISDOM posted by Anne Renshaw on
Saturday, July 5, 1997
- I am looking for further information on the MARSH and WISDOM families. John F. MARSH
came to Dallas Co.,MO with his parents, James MARSH and Margaret SUMMERS. He married
Alcana D. WISDOM abt. 1843 in Polk Co., MO. Alcana's parents were, Francis WISDOM and
Elizabeth. John and Alcana died in Louisburg, Dallas, Missouri in 1899 and 1900
respectively. They had nine children, the one that I have interest in is Perry Butler
MARSH. I would like any further information on these people. I especially am looking to
definitely prove that Francis and Elizabeth WISDOM are Alcana's parents and any further
generations past James MARSH on that line.
- BRIENT, GILMORE, GRANT, LEE, SLAGLE,
WARREN posted by Darolyn Mason on
Sunday, July 6, 1997
- BRIENT - GILMORE I am searching for information about family of Victoria Annis BRIENT
b.Sep 14 1845 - d. Oct 24 1889 Polk co, MO - mar. Ruben C GILMORE Mar 31 1861. Ruben b.Jan
7 1841. 4 children; Sarah 'Bell' GILMORE 1862-1942 (mar. John GRANT 1881 - 4 children),
Charles B GILMORE b. 1864 (mar. Lavena WARREN 1886), Mary Ellen GILMORE 1866-1890 (mar.
Freman SLAGLE 1884 - 4 children), Katie Alice GILMORE b. 1868 (mar. Conrad SLAGLE - 4
children). Victoria's parents; Solomon B BRIENT mar. Elizabeth Jane LEE January 12 1843.
Elizabeth b. May 21 1824 TN - d. Dec 10 1901. I have information to share.
- CRAWFORD, LIVELY, MCFENYK, NETVA, TAGGART posted by Maxine Crawford Fenyk
on Sunday, July 6, 1997
- I've had no success determining the names of the parents of my great- grandfather, Isaac
Flenor CRAWFORD, and hope someone in Polk Co. can help me. Isaac died at his home in
Humansville 14 Oct 1909, and I am hoping it might be possible to locate an obituary from
the local newspaper of that county. He and his second wife, Amanda TAGGART LIVELY CRAWFORD
moved from Illinois to Hickory Co. sometime around 1870-75. They moved to Humansville in
1893 according to her obituary. Any help will be greatly appreciated, and I will gladly
share information regarding his descendants. Maxine Crawford Fenyk--P. O. Box 365, Marion,
VA 24354; e-mail: MCFENYK@NETVA.COM
- FAULKNER, JENNINGS
posted by Trisha Faulkner on Tuesday, July 8, 1997
- I am researching Polk County for the names FAULKNER and JENNINGS. My husband's
grandparents were married in Polk County and his grandfather is buried there. Their names
were: Walter A. Faulkner and Josephine Jennings. His father, Melvin Leonard and uncle, Guy
M. were both born in Polk County. The 1920 Polk County Census shows them living on a farm
near the township of Mooney. My E-Mail address is: email@example.com My name
and mailing address are: Trisha Faulkner 881 E. Foster Rd. Santa Maria, CA 93455 My
telephone number is: (805) 937-5058 (evenings and week-ends) or (805) 346-7149 during the
week between 7 a.m. and 4 p.m. (PST)
- LEDFORD, MCGOWN, MCGRADY posted by Mary Ellen Ledford
on Saturday, July 26, 1997
- Need help with families of Zeb Ledford born 1848 and wife Sallie A born 1852 Ky. They
were living Green Co. Mo 1870 and had bady Mary 7/12 born Mo. Aprox. January 4, 1872
Springfield, MO Newspaper listed Zebedee LEDFORD refuses to pay debts of estranged wife
Sallie A LEDFORD. What happened to their baby Mary??? Zeb married in Barry Co. MO Dec 4
1873 Catherine MCGRADY born 1854 KY. Hd married /3 Mollie MCGOWN cir 1883, possibly Indian
Territory Chicckasaw Nation. Can anyone help with any of this family. Various places Zeb
LEDFORD lived were Yancey Co. NC 1850; Yancey Co. NC 1860, Green Co. MO 1870; Barry Co. MO
1873 ; Dallas Co. Tx 1880; Chickasaw Nation Indian Territory 1900. His Father was Samuel
B. LEDFORD b 1811 NC possibly died 1865-1870 Polk Co. MO or Sebastian Co. Ar.
- BRADLEY, ELGIN posted by Russell Elgin on Wednesday, July 30, 1997
- MANDLY T. ELGIN married ARTISSIMA LRCRECIA BRADLEY on 17 Nov. 1890 had 7 children. 6 of
them born in Brownington Mo. 1871 thru 1881, 7th Child born in North station in 1869 was
my father Orville Elgin. I would like any information on this family. Also I'm looking for
for the location of the two towns above as I cannot find them on map or on the net. Any
help about the Elgin or Bradley family will be appreciated. I'll be thru the area in the
middle of August. Thanks
- FARMER, WILLIAMS posted by
Carol Franklin on Tuesday, August 5, 1997
- JOHN W. FARMER, M.D. - BOLIVAR 1848-1898 Seeking information on the family of John W.
FARMER, M.D. John was the son of Luke FARMER, and Ms. WILLIAMS. He practiced medicine in
Bolivar, MO from 1848 to 1898 when he died. John was born in Knox Co., TN., along w/ his
siblings. His siblings are: Lizzie, Cyrus, Martin, Luke, & Henry FARMER. Anyone with
any kind of information on Dr. John W. FARMER, please contact me at CFran66@aol.com. Thank
you! Carol Franklin.
- posted by Carol Franklin on Tuesday, August 5, 1997
- FARMER/JACKSON/CYNTHIA - POLK and CEDAR CO. Looking for information on the Family of
Henry FARMER. Henry, was born in Knox Co., TN, the son of Luke FARMER & Ms. WILLIAMS.
Siblings are: Lizzie, Cyrus, Martin, John W., who died in Bolivar, MO in 1898 where he
practiced medicine since 1848., Luke, and Henry. Henry FARMER, b. probably 1820-1830's in
Knox Co., TN, mar. 1) a, Ms. JACKSON, dau of Claybourn JACKSON (of east Tn), and Mrs.
CHILDS. Henry, and Ms. Jackson's Children were: Lindsay, John, Samuel, & Rebecca
FARMER. They reared their children on Clinch River in Knox County. Henry's 2nd wife was
Cynthia ? Their children were: Mary, Andrew J., John W., Henry, Richard A., Martha, &
G. Daniel FARMER. Cynthia FARMER died ? in Mangum, OK. Henry and Cynthia migrated to POLK
CO.., MO in 1850 and resided in Polk and Cedar counties until 1859 then moved on to TX
(Denton Co.). In 1900 they then located in Greer County, OK. In 1901 Henry FARMER returned
to TX and died in June 1901. If anyone reading this message knows of this family, please
contact me at CFran66@aol.com. Thank you! Carol
- ROSS posted by Jason Ross on
Thursday, August 7, 1997
- ROSS- Perry Ross, born Aug 8, 1820 in Cooper Co, married Lucy Ann Bollinger in 1840 and
resided in Polk County. Suposedly, he was a justice of the peace for many years until the
Drake Constitution took affect. I am looking for information on his father, William, and
his grandfather, ?????. I have information on Perry's descendants and siblings if anyone
- EVERLY, TUCK posted by Bev Allen on Sunday, August 17, 1997
- EVERLY and TUCK are the family names that I am researching. I know that the Everly
families lived in Halfway, Polk County and I believe that the Tuck families lived in
Morrisville. Any information would be greatly appreciated on either families.
- BLAIR, BROWN, GILLIHAN, SMITH, WRIGHT posted by Nola Gillihan-Webster
on Monday, August 18, 1997
- Searching for the parents of these children: 1. Mr. BROWN + Mrs. ____-BROWN 2. (female)
BROWN married Ruben SMITH (c1790-1850) 2. Lucinda BROWN b. abt 1794 m. Thomas GILLIHAN
(c1783 NC-1840 MO) d. abt 1840 Polk Co, MO 2. Rebecca BROWN b. abt 1796 m. Alexander BLAIR
(1788-1874) 2. Jane BROWN b. 1802 Seneca, Oconee Co, SC m. John WRIGHT (c1790-1848) d.
April 1865 Polk Co, MO 2. Hezekiah BROWN b. 1804 d. 1870 These families, except Alexander
BLAIR, followed the same migration pattern - Tennessee>Illinois>Missouri. They
appeared in Greene Co MO and later in Polk Co MO with John WRIGHT, Ruben SMITH, Thomas
GILLIHAN, and Hezekiah BROWN living next to one another on the 1834 Greene County MO tax
list. - Alexander BLAIR was not on the tax records for Greene Co MO, but he appears on the
first tax list of Polk Co, MO taken between 1837 and 1838. The 1830 Greene County IL
census (p 47) lists John WRIGHT, Ruben SMITH, and Thomas GILLIHAN. Hezekiah BROWN's
residence was proved by his military record. The male heads of these household can be
found in the state land entries on the Caney Fork of Indian Creek in Jackson County TN,
but other records are very scarce since this was a burned county. Any information about
the above families would be appreciated by the descendants of John WRIGHT and Thomas
GILLIHAN. Please send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or snail mail to: Nola
Gillihan-Webster; 21245 Vermander; Clinton Twp, MI 48035
- DIXON, MCDANIEL posted by Becky Messier on Wednesday, August 20, 1997
- DIXON/McDANIEL I am looking for information on Mattie Jane McDaniel of Polk County b.4-
13-1863thru1873 d.11-29-1957 She married Samual Brownlow Dixon of Dade County b. 11-1-1865
d.3-20-1910 Buried in Dade County 4 Children all born in Dade County Maude, Lucy, Travis,
Clerance Arvil b. 2-2-1899 d. Republic, Mo, Buried at White Chaple Cemetry, Springfield,
- KUKAL, OPATRNY, VAVAK posted by Pam Shipley on Friday,
August 22, 1997
- KUKAL and OPATRNY and VAVAK I am researching my Grandparents line of family, the KUKAL's
and OPATRNY'S, the KUKAL's were there from Nebraska around the 1900's and the OPATRNY'S
were there around the early 1900's also. I need information on any of the KUKAL'S or
OPATRNY'S, some of the names I know are: LEWIS KUKAL born January, 1, 1898 in Verdigree,
NE, and Sophia OPATRNY born May 16, 1907. Sophia and Lewis were Married in Bolivar,MO
August 1925. Please contact me on any KUKAL or and OPATRNY name. I am also looking for the
VAVAK's, ANNA VAVAK married John KUKAL. Thank you very much. I am willing to share my
information that I have. Sincerly, Pam Shipley
- COONIS, HASTAIN, HASTIN, SANFORD posted by James A Sanford on Saturday, August 23, 1997
- looking for information regarding my grandmothers parents Isom T. And Sarah J. HASTAIN
children, Birtie, Bertha, Amanda, Rosa And Isom'S father Daniel L They Lived In Green
Township In 1900 Isom born 1868, Sarah 1871, Daniel 1845 all were born in Missouri. Last
name may have been misspelled HASTIN, haston,hasten on some records. Bertha is my
grandmother married Orin Arthur COONIS, July 1910 , their daughter Lola Mae COONIS,
(SANFORD) my mother. i am interested in any informattion anyone might have regarding any
of the above people or other known relatives of them .
- SEAVEY, SIMMONS, WESTFALL posted by Chey Westfall Green
on Sunday, August 24, 1997
- WESTFALL, SIMMONS, SEAVEY - Looking for information on William Lee WESTFALL b. 4 May
1822 d.1887 m. Mary Ellen SIMMONS 24 Mar 1845. They had a son Warren Lee WESTFALL b. 1 Mar
1848 Polk Co.,MO m. Olive Bernice SEAVEY 14 May 1879 Polk Co.,MO. Any information on the
parents of William or Mary Ellen would be great.
- BUTLER, MCKINNEY, NORTHERN posted by Janel Salmen on
Monday, August 25, 1997
- NORTHERN McKINNEY BUTLER Seeking information and descendants of David M. NORTHERN born
1833in Jefferson Co.,TN died 1924 in Polk Co. married 1854 in Polk Co. to Marcella
MCKINNEY born about 1839 in Kentucky died 1892 in Polk Co. Their children were William H.
born 1855, John M. born 1857, Eudora Elizabeth born 1859 married Joseph Henry BUTLER of
Cedar Co., Augusta born 1863, James W. born 1866 and Martha Ella born 1869, Frank born
1872, May born 1875 and Charles born 1877.
For questions about this page or to post a new query, contact Anne Hood at email@example.com.
Query, Surname, and Researcher pages managed by CCHelper, an application written by Patty