- Contact Us --
- Location -- The
Society and its research room are housed in the Ozark County Historium, located on the west side of the square in Gainesville.
- Meetings -- The next meeting of the OCGHS will be April 28, 2011, at 10:00 at the Historium, on the square in downtown Gainesville.
- Membership -- Annual dues
are $15 for individuals or families. A lifetime membership is
$150. Please make your check payable to OCGHS and mail it to OCGHS,
Box 4, Gainesville, MO 65655. OCGHS now has more than 230 members.
- "Old Mill Run" Publication --
The newest 2011 issue of the Society's quarterly
journal/newsletter, the "Old Mill Run," will be out soon. This edition will be packed with wonderful stories, information and photos. The newsletter is a truly valuable resource for anyone researching their Ozark County ancestors, so don't miss out on the next issue. The editor is Mary Ruth
(Luna) Sparks, of Raymore, MO. Send your news
items, articles or suggestions directly to her.
- Back Issues of the Old Mill Run
All the back issues of the OCGHS newsletter, The Old Mill Run, have been recorded on a DVD which is available for purchase at a cost of $35 plus $2 shipping. Each issue, April, 1986 through December, 2008 has been copied to a PDF file which will enable anyone to access any page in any issue and make a hard copy if desired. The issues are listed separately. The final file contains all 952 pages of the newsletter, and it is searchable. To purchase this DVD mail your check, payable to OCGHS, to John Ault at HCR1 BOX 102, Gainesville, Missouri, 65655. If you have questions, contact John at Papajohn@ozbb.net.
- Other Publications --
- A History of Ozark County -- 1841-1991 --
SOLD OUT! You may check the Project Page for sections of the book that are currently online.
- Lard Buckets and Paper Pokes: Ozark County's Rural Schools Copies cost $35, postage paid, and can be ordered by sending a check for that amount to:
PO Box 4
Gainesville MO 65655
- Cemetery Books for Ozark County -- The series
is currently out of print and unavailable except in the Society's
research room at the Ozark County Historium in Gainesville.
- Articles/Research --
- Lilly Ridge General Baptist Church --