Cemeteries in Lincoln County, Missouri
Source: Gone But Not Forgotten, Vol. VIII, pp. 110-111.
Census by: (compiler and/or enumerator not listed)
Location (in GBNF): Located - T49N R1E Sur. 1791 Se. 33-Hiway 61 So,, to Hiway (C) to end of North Front Street, Moscow Mills, Missouri.
John C. - Dec. 6, 18-?-
Also his children Ann F. - James H. - Samuel P. HERNDON.
Stone broken & name missing but these are John C. HERNDON's children
(also date partly unreadable)
[Coordinator note: See 2nd listing, Herndon Cemetery.]
This place where this stone was found was a larger cemetery & located ajacent to the HERNDON home in an Apple orchard. The old rock home has been moved to Clarksville, Mo. and used in building another home owned by the Long Family.
John C. HERNDON was born in Fauquier County, Virginia Dec. 16, 1782. He married Alice NUTT August 7, 1806, The Daughter of Richard and Elizabeth NUTT. Elder HERNDON and his Wife Alice were the parents of 20 children--11 sons & 9 Daughters--four of their sons became ministers. While in Kentucky, the mother of these children, Alice Nutt HERNDON, died Sept. 12, 1838. John Chapman HERNDON died in Lincoln County, Missouri Dec. 6. 1847. His remains sleep in Lincoln County at his late residence with two sons and a loved daughter Ann. The two sons being James H. and Samuel P. HERNDON.
A list of the children follows--from family records of C. ANDERSON of Annadale, Va.
1. Rev. Thaddeus - Born May 9, 1807 Died June 2, 1878.
Md. 1st Ann RECTOR. Md. 2nd Mary Francis GIBSON.
2. Baby - Unnamed -
3. Rev. Richard Nutt - No dates - Md. 1st Margaret Garland PIERCE. Md. 2nd Elizabeth Jane TYLER.
4. Rev. Traverse Daniel - No birth date - Died Sept, 10, 1854. Md. Louisa H. LOVE.
5. Emily Edwards - No dates - Md. Ambrose CAMP.
6. Rev. Henry Tolar - Born 1812 Died Jan. 22, 1834 - Unmarried.
7. Sarah Elizabeth - No dates - Md. Marshall BROTHERTON.
8. Joseph Allen - No dates - Md. Elizabeth MURPHY.
9. Amanda Melvina - No dates- Md. Charles SKINNER.
10. Ann Fisher - Born 1818 Died 1845 Unmarried in Missouri.
11. James Harvey - Born 1820 Died 1845 Unmarried.
12. Myra Catherine - No dates - Md. John Wallace McKEE.
13. William John - Born 1823 Died 1840.
14. John William - Born-1823 No death date. Md. Ann Catherine HOSTETTER.
15. Caremila Alice - No dates - Md. lst James WRIGHT. Md. 2nd Simeon L. BARKER.
16. George Washington - Born 1827 Died 1840.
17. Mary Bustle - Born 1828 Died-1831.
18. Martha Louisa - No dates - Md. James WEBB.
19. Samuel Pierce - Born-1831 Died 1845 in Missouri.
20. Edwin Cook - No dates - Md. Eliza Jane LEARNED.
Moscow Mills Memories 1776-1976, Page 4, Article on the
"Haunted House" by Myrtle Schulze Riehl.
A History of the Baptists In Missouri, Biographical, pages-775-777.
USGENWEB NOTICE: In keeping with our policy of providing free genealogical information on the Internet, data may be freely used for personal research and by non-commercial entities, as long as this message remains on all copied material. These electronic pages may NOT be reproduced in any format for profit or presentation by other organization or persons. Persons or organizations desiring to use this material for profit or any form of presentation, must obtain the written consent of the file submitter, or their legal representative, and contact the listed USGenWeb archivist with proof of this consent.
Return to Lincoln County Cemeteries
Return to Lincoln County Missouri
You are the [an error occurred while processing this directive] person to visit this Lincoln County Cemetery
since it went online.
Thanks for dropping in to visit!